Monday, June 12, 2006

The Crash - Finale

I told you it wasn't pretty. Here goes:


Let me armchair quarterback this one a bit (from the guy sitting on his butt taking pictures) . . . . When presented suddenly with a steep grade on a cross-country course do not, I repeat - do not, try to stop at the top of the hill because it looks mean. Get your tail behind the seat. Don't use the front brake. Just ride it out. The girls did this hill just fine. Can't figure out for the life of me why the guys just kept tumbling?







I think this shot perfectly sums up why Moveitfred is a roadie.


The focus on this last one is a little soft - sorry. I just couldn't toss the finale of the spill.

This series shot with the trusty Sigma 70-200 f/2.8.

I'm in the process of uploading the first batch of about 140 shots. Count on the rest of the Showdown at Sugar shots trickling in over the next week as I get time to work on them. I'm working in the same progression as I shot. So expect the rest of the XC, then the downhill guys, and finally the slalom respectively.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice shots.

Yes, first experience like that for Moveitfred and he would be home for a month, rolled in a ball, licking his wounds.

(Actually Moveitfred does lots of this during cross season. He's famous for misjudging barriers and doing the "Belgian Flop" into the mud.)

6/14/2006 2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home