Thursday, May 18, 2006

(motor) Cycling Shots

I know it's not really on target for my blog but I thought I might try to sneak it by. This is my cousin, Joey, on his Suzuki Hayabusa (motor)cycle zipping through Deals Gap. I went with him to grab some shots of two-wheeled targets and try out a lens before the Tour de Georgia this year. It was a pretty cool trip. I'll probably go again sometime this summer and sneak a shot or two on here again. ; )

For those of you into this (motorized) kinda thing, you should check out Killboy. Those guys shoot on Deals Gap everyday and the riders love them. They even catch a few cyclists going by from time to time. They work hard at it and have a huge following. Not my cup o' tea though - I'll stick to working in the sweatshop and things on two wheels that I have to pedal. Even stuff like this spooks me:



About the motorcycle shot: I sat in a long sweeping corner and nabbed riders as they ran through the curve with my trusty Sigma 70-200 f/2.8. The focus was spot on - if you click to enlarge, you can see his eyes are looking ahead to the next corner). If you're thinking about a mid-range sports lens, don't rule this one out. Some more Photoshopping too. Added the motion blur effect and cloned out an ugly sign post that was distracting (even with the blur effect).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The 2008 hayabusa looks great. but this bike is crazy fast. you had better have got some suzuki motorbike Insurance if you plan on buying this one.Personally I'm gonna stick with my 07 yamaha r6, no bike looks better than this. not even the yamaha R6 2008 design.I would take the suzuki hayabusa over the 08 R6 version anyday.

1/14/2008 9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home